søndag 9. mars 2014

Sunday morning research in Tactical Antennas

I'd like to share some of the antennas and solutions I came across with a litle sunday morning research into extisting solutions to wearable antennas.

BEA Systems announced they were working on anteanna system intergated into the fabric of the soldiers clothings - didn't find anything besides the FOG HORN and Geeky Gadgets on this. Being able to integrate it into materials would anteresting concept, however it introduces some serious compromises. Didn't find anything more detailed than this.


An American company called Pharad has an wearable antenna concept which is interessting. They say it is almost omnidirectional, which really teases my interest in the design. You should check it out Pharad product page for wearable antennas.





Making a "flat antenna" and wear it in a flat MOLLE pouch on the tactical vest is an idea share, though getting the design to de omnidirectional is an issue I havn't figured out. I imagine out would be a "Patch" antenna (please see Antenna-theory.com on Patch antennas) which is very directional antennas.

I think it resembles the Limited Visibility Concealable Antenna (LVCA) by Blackhearth International.

I also find it to resemble the TVAS (Tactical Vest Antenna System: Wiki) and the creator Wearable Antenna Techonologies


One thing all of these have in common: It is not cosumer products! In other words, we won't as airsofters get access to these antennas. That is why we have to do this our selves (DIY!). Thankfully Antenna-theory.com have started this process already, meaning that he or she, has started to write about some of the theory involved in creating such an antenna. See antenna-theory.com on wearable antennas. I think this i going to be my future project. Getting an antenna inside my Flyye 6094A vest!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar